Great prizes up for grabs in the Tea4Kidz Kitchen Hero recipe competition!
South Africa’s original and number one children’s tea, Laager Tea4Kidz, can be used to create some amazing recipes! From slushies and smoothies, to iced tea and ice lollies, from lunchbox treats to light snacks – Tea4Kidz can add flavour and goodness to a range of different recipes. And now Tea4Kidz has launched the brand-new Kitchen Hero competition as an innovative way to encourage children to adopt healthier lifestyles and foster an early love of cooking!
“Laager Tea4Kidz is committed to providing South Africa’s children with a healthier future. And research continues to show that children who are encouraged to prepare and cook nutritious food themselves, tend to make healthier dietary choices,” explained Candice Sessions, Laager Marketing Manager. “To encourage this love for cooking, we decided to make it more appealing for kids by introducing the Tea4Kidz Kitchen Hero competition. This is a great incentive for children to experiment in the kitchen with healthy dishes made with Tea4Kidz, while standing a chance to win some great prizes!”
Become a Tea4Kidz Kitchen Hero
To show off how many creative young cooks there are in the country, and the versatility of the Laager Tea4Kidz Rooibos range, all aspiring young cooks are encouraged to submit any recipe using Tea4Kidz as an ingredient. The recipe doesn’t need to be complex, as long as it’s creative and made with heart.
Details of the competition:
• To enter, comment with your favourite recipe to make with your kids using Tea4Kidz. You can enter with as many recipes as you’d like.
• Bonus points if you share a photo of your recipe!
• The winner will receive R5 000 and an awesome kids cooking hamper, plus an additional R5 000 for a school of their choice.
• Runners-up will receive fantastic Tea4Kidz hampers and craft apron kits
• Ts & Cs are available at www.joekels.co.za
This competition is about more than just enjoying cooking, but also encouraging young cooks to show character in the kitchen! So, what does it take to be a Tea4Kidz Kitchen Hero? A Tea4Kidz Kitchen Hero is:
- Someone who helps their parent or caregiver in the kitchen.
- Someone who helps to clean up after they’ve had fun in the kitchen.
- Someone who loves to cook or bake for others to make them smile.
- Someone who loves trying new recipes and being in the kitchen.
The Laager Tea4Kidz brand was born in 2001, and was the first tea ever to be created specifically for kids. From the tea itself – a Rooibos tea which is naturally caffeine-free and packed with health benefits for kids - to the flavours in the range and the animal characters on pack, everything about Tea4Kidz was designed with kids in mind!
Each pack of Tea4Kidz contains 40 bags of goodness - that’s 40 delicious cups of tea or fun recipes just waiting to happen! The Tea4Kidz range also comes in five delicious flavours:
- Trumpy the Elephant’s Regular Rooibos
- Henry the Hippo’s Rooibos Honeybush Blend
- Rory the Lion’s Strawberry-flavoured Rooibos
- Jabu the Giraffe’s Apple & Berry-flavoured Rooibos with added Vitamin C
- Roxy the Rhino’s Peach & Apricot-flavoured Rooibos with added Vitamin C
To find inspiration, contestants can visit www.joekels.co.za for recipes and more information. Follow @Tea4Kidz on Facebook and @LaagerRooibosTea on Instagram for health tips and advice, as well as healthy recipes and ideas for the whole family.