Are you looking for that perfect tea time treat to go with your cup of Tetley tea? Give this chocolate mug cake a go!
This recipe makes 4 x 300ml mug cakes.
Method - Mug Cake
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and place it in a medium heat-proof bowl along with the butter.
- Microwave on high in 30 second increments, whisking after each until completely smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and fold to completely combine- make sure there are no flour spots at the bottom of the bowl! Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter should be thick.
- Grease oven-proof mugs with non-stick spray and place them in a bain-marie (roasting pan half filled with water) and set aside. Fill mugs until ¾ full with the prepared cake mix and bake for 15min at 180C or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the bain-marie, let it cool until the mug has cooled down before drizzling over the icing and a spoon of cream.
Method - Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
- Place the butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the icing sugar and cocoa and beat for a further 6–8 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Ice your mug cakes and garnish with a blob of fresh cream.