Recipe by @thelittlehedonist
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix instant cappuccino powder with hot water. Leave aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- In another separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the coffee mixture, starting and ending with flour.
- Pour half the batter into a well-greased and floured loaf tin.
- Level the top and sprinkle half of the chocolate chunks.
- Top with the remaining cake batter and level the top again. Sprinkle it with the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the tin for approximately 5 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack.
Have you got it at home?
- Society Coffee
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder