Children are notoriously fussy eaters! But how do you convince them to eat their veggies? “Lettuce” talk about a few tricks to help you get your kids eating their veggies in no time.
- 1. Get your kids involved: Involving your kids in picking the vegetables at the shop or assisting in the cooking process can increase the chance of them eating that meal.
- 2. Try different forms: Whilst your children may hate cooked carrots with a passion, they may enjoy eating them raw? Instead of steamed spinach, you may find it easier to sneak some baby spinach on their ham sandwich or homemade burger. Experimenting with different forms of food is an excellent wayto establish what your children do and don’t like.
- 3. Finger foods: Children love finger foods and foods they can dip. By preparing vegetables in this way (sticks of cucumber, celery or carrots), you’ll have a better chance of convincing your kids to eat healthier. Studies have shown that kids are more likely to eat foods they can dip. So why not add a side of hummus or mashed butternut to their dish?
- 4. Mash, mash, mash: For kids who love mashed potatoes, try mashing inpeas, carrots or other healthy veggies to the mix.You could even swop out potatoes for a sweet potato instead.
- 5. Bake: Baking with vegetables can be a clever way of disguising them. Tryexperimenting with savoury muffins to trick your kids into eating healthy. A simple egg muffin or quiche, packed with vegetables and topped with cheese,taste’s so good that your children probably won’t even realize what they have just eaten!
With these simple, clever tricks, you’ll have your fussiest eater eating their vegetables in no time!