Did you know that your skin is the largest organ? It is super delicate and needs to be looked after properly! As a result, we have listed a few benefits that black tea can have for your skin:
- It reduces puffiness and dark circles under your eyes! Take a few used teabags, let them cool and place them over your eyes for a few minutes.
- The antioxidants and polyphenols found in black tea canprotect your skin from premature aging and wrinkles.
- Have you had too much sun? Have a tea bath! Run a lukewarm bath, place a few black tea teabags into the bath tub and let it soak for a few minutes. Jump in, let your body absorb all the antioxidants and relax.
- Regular consumption of black tea has been known to reduce blemisheson your skin.
- Do you have an itch or razor burn? Place a cooled used teabag to the affected area and it will soothe the inflamed and irritated area.
- Did you get a bug bite or sting? Grab a cooled used teabag and apply it to the affected area. It will soothe the inflamed area and reduce the redness, swelling and pain.
- Black tea can help clear up oily skin! Steep 1 Tetley teabag in a cup of boiling water for 15 minutes, remove the teabags and let the tea cool until it is lukewarm. Pour the cup of tea into a bowl. Soak up the tea with a face cloth, squeeze out the cloth and gently press it down onto your face. Repeat for 5 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water.
So next time you’re enjoying a cup of Tetley, why not treat your skin to a cup too?