Recipe by Tebo & Lebo Ndala
- For Rooibos Syrup, boil together Rooibos tea and sugar until mixture reduces to half and thickens. Cool and store in the fridge until use.
- For the scones, preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Cut in the butter and mix with hands until it has a crumbly texture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla essence, egg and buttermilk together.
- Stir into the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms. (Don’t over mix)
- Cut into desired shape.
- Brush with milk or egg white and bake for 10-12 min.
- For the Rooibos chantily cream, whip the cream and slowly add the syrup until cream is whipped and nicely infused. Serve scones with cream.