- Line a rectangle heat proof tray with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil. Have a big piece of parchment paper as well, to lay over the mixture and press down to even out the snack bars.
- Dry roast the nuts (almonds, cashews & hazelnuts), oats and the seed mix separately, then place them to cool in a big heat proof bowl. Add dry cranberries and mix to distribute them evenly, then set aside while you prepare the liquid mixture.
- Steep 2 Tetley lemon flavoured Green teabags in 1/3rd cup boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove the teabag and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the honey, maple syrup, 1 TBSP of the Tetley Lemon flavoured Green tea and salt. Bring to a boil, then continue boiling until the syrup reaches 260°F (126°C) (hard ball stage) on a candy thermometer.
- Carefully remove the hot maple syrup mixture from heat and pour it straight over the prepared oats and nuts mixture. Work quickly to mix everything together and make sure that every piece is coated evenly.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tray lined with parchment paper/greased then even out the mixture by placing another piece of parchment paper over it, using something flat like a flat bottomed glass or bowl to press down and even out the snack bars.
- Allow it set overnight or at least for 4 - 5 hours. Remove from the tray over a chopping board, then carefully slice into desired sizes using a sharp knife. Don't use a sowing motion to slice, rather press down firmly to get neat cuts. The bars are pretty sticky so you will need to store them wrapped individually in parchment paper.
*The bars store well at room temperature and they will stay chewy and soft. If you prefer a crisp brittle like texture, simply store them in the fridge.