Give your chicken satay a delicious twist when you add Tetley Tea to your marinade. Loaded with rich flavours, it is sure to be a hit at your next braai!
- Place the Tetley teabags in a large jug, pour in a cup of hot water and steep for 10 minutes. Remove the teabags and stir in the brown sugar, salt, paprika, oil and garlic. Allow to cool down.
- In a large container, add the chicken pieces and pour in the tea mixture. Let the chicken marinade overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Place the vinegar and brown sugar into a small saucepan at medium heat. Once boiling lower the heat and stir continuously until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and thread it onto the bamboo skewers.
- Pop it on the braai and cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve while still hot with a side of black vinegar