- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 6 cup baking pan with butter.
- Place 4 - 6 Laager Rooibos teabags in a saucepan with the milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes to infuse, then strain the milk, remove teabags and set aside to cool.
- Place the sugar, flour and baking powder in a bowl and combine.
- Add the butter, egg, Laager Rooibos milk and syrup, then whisk until lump-free. Pour batter into baking pan.
Method - Sauce
- Boil the kettle and then make 500 ml of Laager Rooibos tea. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Whisk the sugar and cornflour together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the cornflour and sugar on top of the batter then you slowly pour the tea on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean after its been inserted.
- To serve, spoon extra sauce from the bottom of the baking dish over the pudding and serve with ice cream.