Recipe by Tebo and Lebo Ndala
Method - Tetley Earl Grey tea simple syrup
- In a saucepan, add 4 Tetley Earl Grey tea bags, 2 cups of water, and 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the liquid reduces in half and becomes thick.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Method - Pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Draw a big circle on the paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and start adding the sugar one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the cornstarch, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture inside the circle and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meringue is dry and sounds hollow when tapped, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, swirl in the Tetley syrup.
- Lay the berries on top of the cream, sift a bit of the icing sugar on top, and garnish with mint leaves.
- Enjoy and Merry Christmas!