- In a bowl beat together the egg and sugar until light pale and fluffy.
- Add in the earl grey tea and beat lightly. Sift in the dry ingredients and fold gently.
- Add in the cooled melted butter and fold lightly until everything is well incorporated.
- Cover with cling wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Brush madeleines baking tray with butter and let it rest in the fridge as well.
- Preheat oven to 190°C then bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the hump have formed.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before decorating.
- Grind the raspberries, sugar and earl Grey tea into a puree.
- Strain to remove the seeds.
- Microwave the strained puree for 4 minutes until the Coulis becomes slightly thick.
- Make sure to stir halfway through to avoid burning.
- Fill the baked madeleines with the Raspberry Coulis and decorate as desired. They are best served right away.
Have you got it at home?
- Earl Grey tea
- Baking pwder