Method - Pie crust
- In a food processor add whole wheat flour, ground almonds, desiccated coconut and free sweet pulse until it's combined.
- Add in the solid coconut oil. Pulse to resemble crumbs lastly add a tablespoon of cold apple green tea gradually add more or less just enough to bind the dough together. The dough should be slightly hard not soft.
- Press the dough in a spring form pan or a pie dish and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Method - Filling
- Wash peel and chop the apples in to small chunks. Toss the apples with cinnamon powder.
- In a saucepan add the apple green tea, corn flour, coconut oil and sugar bring it to a boil stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened. It should be thick and slightly runny.
- Add a teaspoon or more of the green tea if it looks too thick. Add this sauce to the apples.
- Mix until all the apples are evenly coated. Transfer this mixture to the pie dish over the crust. Mix the ingredients for the crunchy topping. Then sprinkle the top of the pie with the crunchy topping.
- Bake the pie uncovered for 50/60 minutes at 190°C. Remove from the oven when you see the pie is bubbling. Let it rest for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe and Pictures credits: @ataleofsauceandspice