Tetley Tea loaf
|350 ml||Boiling water|
|2||Tetley Black teabags|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|85 g||Mixed fruit|
|280 g||Self-raising flour, sifted|
|1 tsp||Cinnamon, ground|
|Â½ tsp||Cloves, ground|
|Â½ cup||Glazed cherries|
- Brew the Tetley Black tea for 5 minutes, then remove teabag and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add the cooled Tetley Tea, sugar, raisins, sultanas, currants and cherries and allow to soak overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 180Â°C.
- Grease and line a 9"x 15" loaf pan.
- Add flour, spices and a beaten egg to the fruit and tea mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Turn into prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and turn out on wire rack to cool.
Serve sliced with butter and preserves.
Store, wrapped in plastic cling wrap, in an airtight tin.
Makes 1 loaf.