Tetley Tea Infused Almond Stuffed Apples
|½ cup||Toasted almonds, ground|
|2 cups||Tetley Tea, brewed|
|1 ½ cup||Sugar|
|8||Medium apples, cored|
|½ tsp||Almond extract|
|4 slices||Bread, blended into crumbs|
|1 cup||Heavy cream, whipped|
|50 g||Butter, melted|
- Brew 2 cups of Tetley Tea. Put aside to cool.
- In blender, grind almonds 10 seconds.
- Empty onto waxed paper.
- Remove teabag from cup, add brewed Tetley Tea, ½ cup sugar and almond extract to the blender – allow to pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add ground almonds to the blender and pulse for a further 40 seconds, stopping once or twice to push ingredients to blades.
- Fill centers of apples with almond paste from the blender.
- Roll apples in butter, then in bread crumbs and finally in remaining sugar until evenly coated.
- Place in shallow, buttered baking dish and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with whipped cream.