|4 bags||Tetley Earl Grey tea|
|50g||Soft brown sugar|
|1 x 1.5kg||Gammon leg, unsmoked|
- Preheat oven to 107°C.
- Place tea bags in a large jug and cover with 350 ml boiling water, then leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and mustard to make a paste.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the skin off the gammon, leaving a good layer of fat.
- Score the fat with a knife to make diamond shapes and push a clove into each diamond centre.
- Place the gammon in a roasting dish and spread the mustard sugar mix evenly over the fat.
- Remove the teabags, carefully squeezing to release as much liquid as possible and pour the cooled tea over the gammon, then cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the foil and roast the gammon open for 20 - 30 minutes, then remove from the ovem.
- Set aside to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy!
The gammon is great great served cold and freezes well.