Perfect for every cookie lover out there, these crispy tea cookies erupt with a burst of coconut.
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|4 bags||Tetley Premium Black Tea|
|3 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|3 sticks||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In teapot or bowl, pour boiling water over the Tetley Premium Black Tea bags, cover and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Then remove tea bags (squeeze the bags before removing) and set liquid aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugarwith an electric mixeruntil well combined, then add the egg, vanilla extract and cooled Tetley Premium Black Teaand blend to mix.
- Once combined, lower the speed, then gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Once combined, use a spoon to stir in the coconut shavings (leave a few to sprinkle on top of cookies), then drop mixture using a tablespoon onto a greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle the cookietops with the remaining coconut.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Once baked, remove tray from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then remove cookiesfrom the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Makes +/- 60 cookies.