2 packs pitted dates
2 tea bags Laager Tea4Kidz Peach & Apricot
250ml boiling water
2 cups roasted nuts
1 cup tropical fruit trail mix
1 cup toasted coconut
Â¼ cup of mini dark chocolate chip morsels (optional)
- Steep the Laager Tea4Kidz in boiling water and allow to cool and discard the teabags.
- Soak the dates in the peach & apricot tea until soft, strain all liquid.
- Place nuts, dates, coconut and fruit in a food processor and process until your desired consistency.
- If you like more crunchy and chunky, stop the food processor when it looks ground but still chunky or continue to process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Line a brownie pan with waxed paper. Place fruit and nut mixture in the pan and use a piece of waxed paper or parchment to press the mixture down and spread it out.
- If adding chocolate, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the fruit and nut mixture and press them down into the mixture. Use your hand or and a drinking glass to even out the surface.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan using the waxed paper lining. Use a sharp knife to cut into equal pieces. Wrap pieces in parchment or waxed paper and store in an airtight container.