- 20ml Butter
- 210g Castor sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 15ml Smooth apricot jam
- 5ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml Laager Rooibos Tea, strong & room temperature
- 140g Cake flour
- 1ml Salt
- 5ml White vinegar
Rooibos cream sauce
- 250ml Cream
- 150g White sugar
- 125gÂ Butter
- 125ml Laager Rooibos tea, strong & hot
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C.
- Grease a 1.5L baking tin or dish with butter.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together, then whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition and until the mixture is light and foamy.
- Stir in apricot jam.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the lukewarm Laager Rooibos tea and then stir into the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt together and then fold into the egg mixture. Add the vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and bake for 45 minutes until cooked through.
Rooibos Cream Sauce
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour over the hot pudding.
- Cut into individual portions and serve immediately.
*TIP: Decorate with icing sugar or spun sugar or serve with berry sauce.