A brand new year is finally here, and what better way to start it than with a few recipes that carry some great health benefits? Here are a few of our favourite Rooibos recipes that will ensure you start 2017 off right...
Method - Sugar-free Rooibos Gummies
- Heat the coconut milk, butter, xylitol, cinnamon, vanilla and rooibos teabags in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then remove it from the heat. Set it aside to steep.
- Pour the cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top, stir and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour some warm water into a bigger bowl. Lower the smaller bowl with the gelatin in it into the bigger bowl with the warm water and allow to sit in the water until all of it has become liquid. Make sure that no warm water runs into the gelatin.
- Remove the teabags from the tea mixture and stir ¼ cup of it into the gelatin before pouring it all into the rest of the tea mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into ice trays and place into the fridge for at least 2 hours before turning out. Store them in the fridge in a sealed container.
Method - Rooibos Vanilla Pear Smoothie
- Place the teabag into a mug and pour over the boiling water. Add the vanilla and honey and stir to dissolve.
- Let the teabags steep for 1-5 minutes depending on the strength you want. Remove it and refrigerate the tea for a few minutes.
- Put the pear and oats into a blender and pour in the tea.
- Pour in your milk of choice and blend until smooth. Serve right away.