|1 cup||Raw Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Mixed Nuts|
|½ cup||Coconut Flakes|
|½ cup||Seed mix (flaxseeds, sesame and linseeds)|
|10 teabags||Laager Tea4Kidz+ Peach & Apricot Rooibos teabags, opened|
|1/4 cup||Sugar or sugar substitute|
|1.5 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1.5 cups||Dried peaches and apricots, chopped|
- Mix the nut and seed mixture together well. Spread onto a baking tray then sprinkle the contents of the tea bags over the top – roast at 190 degrees for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes to ensure even toasting.
- While the nut, seed + tea mix are roasting, melt butter in saucepan and add sugar, honey, salt and vanilla – melt together until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove roasted nuts and combine with the butter honey mixture in a large bowl and press firmly into a deep sided baking tray.
- Return the mixture to the oven for 10 minutes and bake until golden.
- Cool in the fridge and slice into squares after an hour.
- Return to the fridge to cool further then transfer to an airtight container – keeps for a week.