- 60mlÂ Extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml Laager Rooibos syrup* (see recipe below)
- 30ml Orange juice
- 30ml Balsamic vinegar
- 15ml Lemon juice
- 10ml Ginger, peeled & crushed
- 2ml Ground cinnamon
- 1ml Ground nutmeg
To taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2,5kg Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250m Spring onions, chopped
- 250ml Parsley, chopped
- 100gÂ Pecan nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 65g Sultanas
- 65g Raisins
- Steam the sweet potatoes in batches for about 10 minutes per batch until just tender, then transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the olive oil, Laager Rooibos syrup*, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When youâ€™re ready to serve, add the spring onions, parsley, pecan nuts, sultanas and raisins and pour the dressing, then toss gently to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Laager Rooibos Syrup
- 400g Sugar
- 250ml Laager Rooibos tea
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 1 Orange, halved
- 1 Â½ Cinnamon sticks
- 170ml Honey
- Combine sugar and Laager Rooibos tea in a saucepan, then squeeze the lemon and orange juice into the mixture. Add fruit halves and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to boil over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally uncovered, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and return to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, strain the mixture through a sieve into a large measuring cup or bowl, pressing hard to release all the syrup and discard the solids.
Place the syrup in the refrigerator uncovered, for about 1 hour until cold.