Laager Rooibos-infused Pancake Board
|1 TBSP||Baking powder|
|1 TBSP||Vanilla essence|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|¼ tsp||Mixed spice|
|2 cups||Laager Rooibos-infused milk|
|¼ cup||Butter, melted|
|Laager Rooibos Cranberry & Wild Cherry Syrup|
|6 teabags||Laager Cranberry and Wild Cherry flavoured Rooibos|
|1 ½ - 2 cups||Castor sugar|
|1 cup||Cherries and cranberries|
- To make the Laager Rooibos-infused milk, boil 2 Laager Rooibos teabags in 2 cups of milk for 5 minutes. Remove teabags and set aside to cool.
- To make the Laager Rooibos Cranberry & Wild Cherry syrup, bring all the ingredients to the boil. Leave to simmer for 5 - 7 minutes until reduced to half, then allow to completely cool down. Once cool, transfer to a jug.
- To make the pancakes, combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter together, then mix into the dry ingredients, until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Preheat a pan/skillet on medium heat. Grease the pan with cooking spray.
- Use a ¼ cup measurement cup for the size of a pancake (or your desired size pancake).
- Cook for 2- 3 minutes on each side.
How to assemble pancake board:
Place the cooked pancakes on a board with a jug of Laager Rooibos-infused syrup, as well as a few accompaniments – then dig in!
Cooked bacon, cooked and crispy banana, sliced fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries), Nutella, a selection of cheese (goat’s cheese, blue cheese, camembert, mature cheddar), fruit (figs, grapes)