|2||Large onions, finely chopped|
|15 ml||Garlic, crushedÂ|
|1||Green chilli, finely chopped|
|15 ml||Leaf masala|
|1 kg||Lamb knuckles|
|500 ml||Laager Rooibos, brewed strong|
|100 g||Dried apricots, sliced|
|50 ml||Fresh coriander, chopped|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and sautÃ© until browned.
- Add the garlic, chilli, spices and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb knuckles and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the Laager Rooibos and stir to mix, then cook covered for 90 - 120 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add the apricots, salt, sugar and coriander, then mix until heated through.
- Serve with Laager Rooibos scented couscous. (Link).