|4 tsp||Olive or canola oil|
|500 g||Lean beef, or ostrich mince|
|2||Carrots, peeled and chopped|
|250 g||Mushrooms, chopped|
|2 tsp||Dried mixed herbs|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|2 tsp||Mild mustard|
|1 x 410 g||Tin chopped tomatoes|
|Â½ cup||Laager Rooibos (strongly brewed)|
|Â½ cup||Uncooked red lentils|
|750 g||Butternut, peeled and cubed|
|To taste||Lemon juice and black pepper|
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and fry mince until brown. Remove from heat and placed in a separate bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and fry onions, carrots and mushrooms until soft. Add mixed herbs, coriander, mustard, mince and tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer covered over a low heat, for 20 minutes.
- Add brewed Laager Rooibos and lentils and simmer covered for another 15 - 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Season well with lemon juice and pepper.
- . Preheat the oven to 200 ËšC. Meanwhile, place butternut and salt in a pot with 180 ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until just soft. Drain well and lightly mash or crush with a fork. Season with lemon juice and black pepper.
- Spoon mince mixture into an oven dish, then spread butternut on top in an even layer. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Serve with green veggies like broccoli and baby marrows, seasoned with fresh herbs and lemon juice, or a tomato salad.