|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|15 ml||Curry powder|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|250 ml||Laager Rooibos tea, strongly brewed|
|1 slice||White bread, cut into cubes|
|15 sheets||Spring roll Pastry|
|15 ml||Maizena paste (1Tbsp Maizena mixed with a little bit of water)|
Sunflower oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté onions till transparent. Add curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and cook till browned.
- Add the Chutney, raisins and tea.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Beat egg and add cubed bread.
- Cool slightly, then add the egg/bread mixture.
- For springrolls, place 1 pastry sheet in a diamond shape in front of you. Place about 2 TBSP of filling in a line on the corner closest to you. Fold over to enclose the filling. Bring the two sides corners in over the filling and roll up tightly.
- For samoosas, follow the same steps but fold as a triangle. Brush the end piece of the pastry with Maizena paste to seal it. Fry patty in medium hot oil for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with extra Chutney