Take this traditional favourite and give it a Laager Rooibos twist! This super simple recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed with a cup of Laager Rooibos tea.
- 50ml strong black Laager Rooibos Tea
- 1kg sugar
- 250ml condensed milk
- 115g margarine
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Add the Laager Rooibos, sugar, condensed milk and margarine into a saucepan and heat over a low heat – stirring continuously until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook it till it looks like a soft ball stirring continuously to stop it from burning.
- Cool slightly and then add the vanilla essence. Mix with a wooden spoon till the mixture gets stiff.
- Press into a baking tray and refrigerate. Once set, cut it into squares.