|170 g||Dried fruit mix (cranberries, raisins, cherries)|
|70 ml||Laager Cranberry & Wild Cherry-flavoured Rooibos (strongly brewed)|
|10 g||Instant yeast|
|65 g||Castor sugar|
|10 ml||Cardamom, ground|
|10 ml||Ginger, ground|
|10 ml||Cinnamon, ground|
|375 ml||Water, lukewarm|
|2 cups||Cake Flour|
Laager Cranberry & Wild Cherry-flavoured Rooibos Glaze**
|80 ml||Laager Cranberry & Wild Cherry-flavoured Rooibos, brewed|
|30 ml||Castor sugar|
- Soak the dried fruit mix in brewed Laager Cranberry & Wild Cherry-flavoured Rooibos for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C.
- Grease a loaf tin and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the soaked fruit, milk and butter to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes, then set aside to allow to rise and double in size.
- Knock down and shape into loaf tin, then leave to rise again.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the glaze, combine freshly brewed hot tea and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Brush the glaze over the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven, then set aside to cool.