- 100g Rooibos tea leaves (open the bag and remove dry tea leaves)
- 20g Honey
- 3 Lemons, zested
- 5ml Coarse sea salt
- 40g Dried apple, finely chopped
- 4 Kingklip fillets, 180g each
- 45ml Olive oil
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
Laager Rooibos Rub
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to form a fine powder, then set aside.
- Just before cooking, rub one side of the Kingklip fillets with the Laager Rooibos rub.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Place the fillets rub side down into the pan. Make sure that the pan is not too hot, as you may burn the rub, which makes it taste very bitter.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then turn the fillets over and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Just before removing the fish from the pan, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Serve with a side salad, or vegetables of your choice.