Rooibos recipes with a touch of fruit are a must for those hot summer months! With the health benefits of Rooibos tea being numerous, you can easily make treats for family and friends that are delicious and reassuringly healthy.
Here are a few of our favourite Rooibos recipes with a fruity touch…
Rooibos and Cranberry Scones
The flavour of sweet cranberries and the comforting aroma of Rooibos make this one of our top Rooibos tea recipes!
1 Laager Rooibos teabag
2/3 cup Milk
3 cups Flour
4 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
1 cup Dried cranberries
1/2 cup Sugar
- Bring milk to the boil. Remove from heat and place teabag in the milk. Steep for 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cut the softened butter into the flour mixture. Continue to blend until the butter is incorporated without any large chunks. It will look like crumbs.
- Add the cranberries and toss to coat in the crumb mixture.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Mix the egg in with the tea.
- Stir the milk mix into the dry ingredients. When the dough begins to form, turn it out on a floured surface and knead 5-7 times to finish it off.
- Pat the dough into a circle. Cut into 8 or 16 pieces, place on a baking sheet, and bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until golden brown).