Method - Tetley-infused Lavender Cream
It’s best to infuse the cream the night before you bake your Dutch Baby, or leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Place the cream and 2 Tetley Premium Black Tea bags in a small saucepan and heat until just before boiling.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze the tea bags to release liquid, then discard.
- Decant the infused cream into a bowl or dish with a lid and add the sprig of lavender.
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight, or for at least an hour.
Method - Dutch Baby
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Place a large pan/skillet into the oven and let it get really hot – this will take about 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add the milk and beat well.
- Slowly add in the salt and the flour, while whisking steadily.
- Remove the hot pan/skillet with oven mitts and add butter making sure to cover the base and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan/skillet, place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 230°C.
- Reduce the heat to 175°C and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately - top with a generous squeeze of lemon juice, a sprinkle of icing sugar and a generous glug of Tetley-infused lavender cream.
- For best results, do not open the oven door until the end of cooking time.
- The pan size really matters - make sure you have the right size pan and don’t skip the heating up of the pan as this is essential to get a good rise.
- You could also fill your Dutch Baby with a variety of fillings like stewed fruit, fresh berries, or caramelized bananas.