Ask Ashe G and T recipe
|2TBSP||Tetley Lemon flavoured black tea|
|1Jar||A jar with a tight lid|
|2cups||Gin (clear with fewer botanicals is best such as Bombay Sapphire Original)|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|2 TBSP||Simple syrup**|
|4 cups||Ginger ale|
- Add 2 cups of gin to the jar.
- Open the Tetley Lemon flavoured black teabags and measure out 2 TBSP of dry tea leaves, add to the gin and seal the jar for at least a week*.
- When you’re ready to use it, use a fine sieve to strain the tea leaves from the gin and pour into a glass bottle – unless you’re going to make a big jug immediately.
- **To make simple syrup, boil 1 cup of white sugar with 1 cup of water, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Combine the gin infusion, lemon juice, simple syrup and lots of ice in a jug and stir, then add the ginger ale and stir gently
- Serve immediately. Serves 6
*Note: The longer you leave it, the stronger the tea flavour will be