- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onion, carrots, chillies, garlic and ginger, then sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in the brewed Laager Rooibos tea and bring to a simmer.
- Add herbs, seasoning, paprika, rosemary, vinegar, peas and lentils, then reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the peas and lentils are tender.
- Add butternut, sweet potatoes and celery and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add more tea or veggie stock if more liquid is needed.
- Decant 4 cups of soup from the pot and place in a blender with a ¼ cup of olive oil, then blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and stir.
- Add chopped spinach, parsley and parmesan and simmer for another 5 minutes.