Rooibos Citrus & Ginger Homemade Granola
Dried Orange Slices:
- 1 large orange
- ½ (65g) cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (50g) coconut flakes
- 1 cup (95g) Jungle oats
- 1 cup (125g) oat flour or rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 2 Laager Citrus & Ginger-flavoured Green Rooibos teabags
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup (75g) butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (50g) honey
- ¼ cup (20g) Candied ginger or citrus peel
- Dried orange slices
- ¾ cup (70 g) roughly chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees C (80 degrees fan-forced). For the dried oranges, slice the orange in half lengthways. Cut slices of about 5mm thick and place on a prepared baking tray. Generously dust with icing sugar and leave in the oven for 2-3 hours or until fully dried out (but not browned). Once done, remove and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C (130 degrees fan-forced). Combine the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Break the teabags open and steep in boiling water for 5 minutes or until strong.
- Combine the tea, butter (or coconut oil) and honey, stir into the dry ingredients until completely mixed through.
- Press the granola mixture into a lined sheet tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown then flip over in one piece and bake for a further 20 minutes. Allow the granola to cool completely then break into chunks. Add the candied ginger or citrus peel, dried orange and almonds. Store in an airtight container.