Laager Rooibos infused upside down apple cake
|100g||Laager Rooibos sugar*|
|4-5||Apples, cored and sliced|
- Heat oven to 180Â°C
- Melt Laager Rooibos sugar in an ovenproof frying pan. When completely melted to a golden caramel, take pan off heat and stir in butter, then mix thoroughly.
- Return pan to stove, on low heat. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples and mix until combined.
- Arrange apples into desired shape in the pan, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Roll out pastry, drape over the apples and neatly tuck the edges in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is cooked and golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before turning over onto a board or plate.
- Serve immediately with custard or ice cream.
Laager Rooibos Sugar*:Â Mix 1 cup of dark brown (Muscovado) sugar, the contents of 3 Laager Rooibos teabags (empty leaves out of teabags and discard the bags) and 3 TBSP grapefruit zest, then blend until well combined.