Servings: 6 - 8
Serving size: 200ml
- Brew Tea4Kidz Rooibos tea bags in 6 cups of hot water and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add the beans and leave to soak overnight.
- In a saucepan, bring the beans in tea liquid to the boil and allow to simmer until soft, then set aside.
- Sauté onions in the oil until golden brown, then add peppers and mushrooms and sauté until soft. Add chilli (optional).
- Add the lean mince and cook until browned. (If you are skipping adding mince, then skip this step).
- Add curry powder, tomato paste, cooked beans and seasoning.
- Turn down the heat and simmer slowly until the liquid thickens.
- Serve this hearty and healthy bean soup with steamed bread, or rice of choice.
This soup contains foods that are packed with nutrients that may support immunity:
- Beans – a great source of zinc & dietary fibre
- Bell peppers – contain Vitamin C
- Mushrooms – contain Vitamin D especially if you can leave them in the sun for 15 mins
- Canola oil – Vitamin E & Omega 3 fatty acids
- Lean mince – a great source of lean protein
- Low salt - is high in dietary fibre and low in saturated fats