Healthy snacks don’t have to be boring. Your kids will love these high fibre balls of goodness with a touch of Vitamin C enriched with Laager Rooibos tea flavour.
- Bring all the Laager Rooibos Syrup ingredients, except the honey and lemon, to a simmer on low heat until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then remove the teabags.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Blend the oats in a food processor/blender until fine or use a rolling pin over a plastic bag.
- Make 1 cup of Laager Tea4kidz Peach & Apricot flavoured Rooibos tea and allow to cool slightly.
- Soak the dates in the cup of tea for 10 minutes, then remove them with a little bit of the tea liquid.
- Add the dates, cocoa and almond/peanut butter to a blender and blend until combined, then add the Laager Rooibos syrup and blend until smooth.
- With wet hands, roll small amounts of the mixture into balls and coat with desiccated coconut.
- Place on a baking paper-lined plate/tray and refrigerate overnight.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
(6 - 8 servings)