Add bacon for a savoury twist on this delicious, easy dish. No frying needed making it the perfect dish for kids to whip up for a Father’s Day breakfast in bed!
|6 slices||Bread, cut into cubes|
|1/2 cup||Blueberries, fresh or frozen|
|1/4 cup||Bacon, chopped|
|2 teabags||Tea4Kidz Apple & Berry flavoured Rooibos|
|1/2 cup||Milk, hot|
|Honey to serve|
|Butter to spread|
- Grease a 12 – 15 cm round or square baking dish. Spread the bread with butter. Arrange the bread slices and blueberries the dish. Sprinkle with the bacon.
- Put the tea bags in the hot milk and allow to steep. Remove the teabags. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, and milk/tea. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cover in foil, and bake 15 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 5 or so minutes, until centre is firm and surface is lightly browned.
- Serve drizzled with honey (to taste)