Recipe by Mbali The Urban Dietitian
Servings: 12 brownies
- Add brewed Apple & Berry Tea4kidz to pumpkin, boil until soft & blend to make a puree. You can add extra tea to make it thin when blending.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with grease or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oil and pumpkin puree, whisk in the eggs, then sugar and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, and salt, and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Different size pans will yield different baking times.
- Let cool before serving (For topping, melt chocolate chips in the microwave with 1 tsp oil)
Dietitian’s note: Pro Tip: store in the fridge after completely cooling and they will become very fudgy.