Tips to Throwing A High Tea Fit for Royalty!
It’s almost time for the royal wedding when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will tie the knot! People across the globe will be planning parties in celebration of the event, and if you’re one of them, there’s no reason why you can’t throw your very own High Tea party!
Not sure how to throw a proper English High Tea? We’ve got you covered! We have put together a few tips to help you throw the perfect High Tea fit for Royalty!
- Set a theme, dress accordingly and don’t forget to make sure all your guests are wearing a fascinator.
- Decorate your seating area to match your theme. Go traditional with lace, pearls, white table cloths, flowers and fine china.
- Bring out your best cups, saucers and small plates. Use teacups and not mugs, smaller sized napkins and teaspoons.
- Traditionally, the host serves the first cup of tea. Keep the Tetley Tea flowing and always have a freshly brewed pot of tea ready for your guests. Make sure your milk is chilled and your sugar is in cubes.
- Get the snacks right! Think scones with freshly whipped cream and jam, cucumber sandwiches and sweet treats like mini cakes, tarts and biscuits.
- Make the sandwiches look cute. Crusts should be cut off the sandwiches and then cut into small triangles, squares or fingers.
- Serve your treats properly – a tiered serving tray for sandwiches and cakes is standard practice at aHigh Tea.
- The correct order for eating treats is to start with savoury, then go on tothe scones and end it off with the sweet treats.
Finally, and most importantly, sit back, relax, chat and enjoy this lovely occasion with yourself and your favourite people.
Looking for the ultimate High Tea treats? Click here!