The Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea is often referred to as the most healthy tea on the planet. Some of the health claims are based on ancient Eastern traditions, where Green tea was used to treat symptoms of disease for years. There are many health benefits associated with drinking Green tea, but most of the general studies have shown benefits with two to three cups per day. If you are looking to use Green tea for medicinal purposes, it is important to consult your doctor first. We share 8 health benefits that might leave you wanting to add Green tea to your daily beverage intake.
- Often viewed as a must-have superfood, Green tea is a fantastic staple to have in your diet for its rich antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to protect the body against disease and are an important part of a healthy diet.
- It’s been said that the regular consumption of Green tea can assist with the regulation of glucose levels, helping to prevent high insulin spikes and the associated storage of fat in the body.
- Some research has shown that people who regularly drink Green tea are less likely to fall victim to common bacterial and viral infections versus those who do not add Green tea to their diet. The message is clear. Green tea boosts the strength of the immune system.
- Green tea helps to lift your spirts. The amino acid, Theanine is naturally found in Green tea leaves and it is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect to its drinkers.
- Green tea is also naturally rich in vitamin C, lutein, vitamin E, and zeaxanthin which makes it good for your eyes, helping to protect the eyes from such diseases as glaucoma.
- Want to soothe aches brought on by inflamed joints? Green tea contains plenty of catechins, which make Green tea a powerful antioxidant. This antioxidant reduces interleukin-8, which is a protein that is responsible for inflammation.
- Green tea is a Stamina & Endurance Booster and you can prove this quality to yourself quite easily. Just have a cup of hot Green tea after some rigorous exercise and within no time, you will be ready for a few more sets.
- Green tea is said to be the best cure for particularly savage hangovers and fatigue caused by the consumption of alcoholic beverages and lack of sleep. If you don’t drink it regularly – try it as part of a detox after those late-night parties.
If you’re looking to include Green tea into your daily routine, why not give Tetley Pure Green tea a try. It has all the full-bodied flavour of Tetley with the pure refreshment of a Green tea, and is affordably priced.