There is no better way to end a long day then to sit back, relax and enjoy a cup of Tetley tea! Not only does it taste great, it also boasts a variety of health benefits. These benefits include boosting your heart health, soothing an upset tummy, assisting your digestive system and helping to relieve high blood pressure.
Let’s take a quick look at a few of the health benefits associated with drinking black tea:
- Black tea has been found to assist in improving heart health! Studies have shown that drinking 3 or more cups of black tea per day can reduce the risk of heart related diseases.
- Drinking black tea on a regular basis is known to flush out toxins from your body, which as a result boosts your immunity.
- Black tea can assist with improving the gut microbe count in your body. The polyphenols found in black tea have been known to act as a prebiotic, which can help increase the good gut bacteria in your body. It can also help with reducing stomach ulcers.
- An unhealthy lifestyle and bad eating habits can lead to high levels of cholesterol. Drinking black tea on a regular basis has been shown to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol, lowering the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Black tea, like green tea, can also assist in weight loss. This is of course, accelerated with a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise and a well-balanced diet.
- Drinking a cup of black tea is relaxing! It can reduce your stress levels and relax your nerves. Perfect way to end a long day!
- Have an upset stomach? Drink a cup of black tea! It has been known to relieve and soothe your digestive system.
Also, note that to truly harness the benefits of black tea, you should consume it without any additives like milk or sugar.