Recipe by Tebo and Lebo Ndala
- In a medium pan, add the chopped butter and loose Tetley tea leaves.
- Cook the butter until it turns amber in color. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl so it stops cooking.
- Cool for 20 minutes, and then place in the fridge for another 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together.
- In another bowl, add the browned butter and sugar. Beat together for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, egg, and maple syrup and mix again.
- Slowly pour all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate while you preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Roll the dough into balls and roll into the cinnamon sugar.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool before eating.