Recipe by The Secret Adventurer
Prep Time: 20 mins
Chilling Time: 2 hrs
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the cooled coffee with sweet marsala wine/port in a shallow dish.
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar and Society vanilla powder in a medium bowl until very soft peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese with vanilla.
- Add the mascarpone to the cream and whisk just until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat!
- Cut the savoiardi in half and dip into the coffee. Layer two halves at the bottom of the serving glass. Top with approximately two heaped tablespoons of mascarpone mixture and repeat so that you have two layers of savoiardi and two layers of mascarpone cream.
- Repeat with the remaining savoiardi and mascarpone cream in the remaining 5 glasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
- To serve, dust the tops with sieved cocoa powder.
Tips for Success:
- Use heavy whipping cream that is very fresh and very cold from the fridge.
- Mascarpone can curdle if it is overmixed or too warm.
- Let the savoiardi soak up a bit of the coffee. They are sturdier than you think. Don't be afraid that they will fall apart. Tiramisu relies on properly dipped savoiardi.