Recipe by The Secret Adventurer
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 8 Hours
Cook Time: 90 min
Servings: 10 – 12
Method - Crust
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a food processor, crush the biscuits until they become a fine crumb.
- Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes to set it.
- Set the crust aside while you prepare the filling.
Method - Cheesecake
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on low to medium speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another minute or two, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together Society Vanilla Coffee powder and hot water until the coffee is dissolved. Add to cheesecake batter with sour cream and vanilla bean paste mixing until just combined, scraping the sides to make sure fully incorporated. Add in eggs one at a time, and add the additional yolk with the first egg. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into the prepared pan. Place a 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place the cake pan in the roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil. You can of course wrap the cheesecake pan in heavy-duty foil to prevent water from seeping in as well.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn the oven off and let cool in the oven for 1 hour then take out the roasting pan and let it cool on the counter for an hour. Finally, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.