Recipe by The Secret Adventurer
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Servings: 16 squares
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a 23 cm square baking dish with tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor add the hazelnuts and almond flour and blend until it's all of a similar fine flour like texture. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, honey, Society Hazelnut coffee and melted coconut oil and mix until well combined
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish. If topped with hazelnuts, evenly scatter them over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients for the icing and blend until smooth, you may need to add a splash of almond milk or water to get it really smooth.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over the cake then put back in the fridge to set.
- Once the coffee cake has completely cooled, garnish the top with the icing & chopped Hazelnuts and serve.