Recipe by The Secret Adventurer
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- Prepare a 23cm square pan by lining it with two layers of foil and then gently spraying the foil with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper, my favorite. You can just lightly grease the pan with cooking spray but trust me, the foil or parchment paper trick is so nice when lifting it from the pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add butter and heat for 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is completely melted. TIP: you may want to set the large bowl on a plate in case it boils over while heating. This happens every time and the plate makes less of a mess to clean up.
- Next, add sugar and half & half; stir until combined. Place in the microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Then vigorously stir to combine, then cook for another 2 minutes. Stir well while scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Return to the microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir once more and then heat for another 2 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until mostly smooth. Then add in chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until smooth and well combined, with no chunks. Stir toffee chunks. Immediately pour in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of toffee.
- Tap the pan on the counter to work out the air bubbles. Cool completely until set. Use parchment paper to lift the fudge from the pan before cutting it into squares. Let it set for 2-3 hours.
- Store in an airtight container and set in the fridge.