Our second favourite Rooibos recipe is a seriously delicious dinner party meal - Poached Salmon in Rooibos. The best part is, it's not as complicated as you might think either and it's sure to amaze your family and friends.
What you need:
- 700 ml water and 8 Laager Rooibos teabags
- 1 finger of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 ml peppercorns
- 5 ml toasted coriander seeds
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 720 g salmon, cut into 180 g portions
Step 1 - Mix the water, Laager Rooibos, garlic, ginger, coriander, peppercorns, lemon juice and salt together in a pot.
Step 2 - Turn the heat down and place the salmon fillets in the simmering liquid.
Step 3 - Cook for 5 - 7 minutes, the salmon should still be pink inside.
Step 4 - Serve with rice, veggies, lemon slices, basil and eat up!