Recipe by Tebo & Lebo Ndala
- To make Rooibos Honey, bring the water, sugar and teabags to a boil in a saucepan until all the sugar dissolves and liquid is halved. Set aside to cool completely. Discard teabags before using syrup.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare and line a round (medium) baking tin.
- Roll out pastry onto a floured surface. Roll into the baking tin. Dock the pastry with a fork and blind-bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Stir in the oregano, paprika, and lemon seasoning. Adjust seasoning. Stir for 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- Take pastry out from the oven (after blind-bake).Spoon in the onion mixture onto the crust.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and cream together. Mix in the feta. Pour the mixture over the onion mixture.
- Top with vine/ heirloom tomatoes. Sprinkle with some of the basil. Drizzle with 1 Tbls of rooibos honey.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the egg custard is set.
- To serve, drizzle with more honey, feta and basil leaves.