|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/2 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|3 TBSP||Laager Rooibos syrup*|
|2 TBSP||Butter, melted|
|¾ cup||Laager Rooibos-infused milk|
|2 cups||Laager Rooibos, strong brew|
|2 cups||Brown sugar|
|10 ml||Vanilla essence|
Evaporated milk (Rooibos infused)**
*To make a Laager Rooibos simple syrup:
- Bring 1 cup of water and 4 - 6 teabags of Laager Rooibos and 1 ½ cup of sugar to the boil.
- Boil/simmer until reduced to half.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set aside to completely cool down.
**To infuse evaporated milk
- Bring the milk to a simmer with 4 - 6 teabags for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Strain milk and set aside to completely cool down.
To make the sauce:
- Combine the tea, sugar, vanilla and evaporated milk in a saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat until sugar is dissolved.
To make the pudding:
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl, then add eggs, Laager Rooibos syrup, butter and milk.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Poke holes into pudding for quicker absorption, then pour hot sauce over the pudding (a little at a time) until completely soaked up.
To serve: enjoy with ice-Cream or Custard.