- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 Tbls mixed Spice
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- 1 Tbls ginger powder
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (infused with 2-3 teabags of chai Rooibos then remove)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence *optional
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 150 g butter
- 150 g cream cheese
- 200 g icing sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare muffin tins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix in the grated carrots. In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and butter together.
- Mix in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till golden and cooked.
- Leave to cool.
For the icing:
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the sugartill well combined and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cooled down cupcakes.
Enjoy while sipping on a cup of Laager Rooibos Tea!